A quick and easy Rutabaga recipe as an alternative to traditional potato. These paleo french fries are great as a side with a juicy grass fed burger, or just alone as a snack. Gluten free and vegan.
- 2 Rutabagas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, Peper, and Paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 425
- Peel and cut your Rutabagas into 1/2 inch rounds, then cut into "fries"
- Place in a bowl with olive oil and mix well
- Evenly spread fries on a foil lined baking pan and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and flip the fries, bake for another 15 minutes
- For the last 3 minutes, turn your oven broiler on but keep an eye on the fries so they don't burn, but crisp up a little.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
- Remember, organic ingredients taste better!
About the thickness you’ll want your fries. Make sure to cut them as close to the same size as possible so they all cook at the same time. Don’t bake any pieces that are too thin, they will burn.
Coating with olive oil
And pre Rutabaga fries annihilation. Although the recipe calls for salt, pepper, and paprika, feel free to use whatever seasonings you like. Enjoy!